The Leadership Forsyth Adult Program provides classroom/experiential leadership training to a network of emerging leaders through a community-based experience that increases all participants’ knowledge, of local institutions and involvement with community leaders, volunteers and resources. The connections made within the Leadership Forsyth network have the ability to create, foster, and enhance the personal and professional endeavors of its members and ultimately create positive change in the community.
Through an innovative program of hands on learning, members of the Leadership Forsyth class are provided with the following opportunities:
- To learn about the history of the county
- To tour and engage the public,/private sector, educational infrastructure, and nonprofit communities,
- To acquire insight into challenging community issues,
- To gain exposure to theories of leadership, group dynamics, decision making, and other skills required for leadership effectiveness.
The program begins with an overnight retreat. The retreat is followed by 10 monthly sessions where the LF class embarks on a series of structured/planned morning workshops that focus on leadership theory and practice.
The afternoon sessions involve educational tours of various Forsyth county historic and cultural landmarks, as well as government, educational, non-profit, and private sector facilities. All of the activities are coordinated to increase the class member’s knowledge of the community and reinforce the theme for the class day .
The highlight of the LF class experience is the dynamic experience of engaging the diverse leadership backgrounds of the class members combined with the “in the moment” leadership training/experiences to deliver on a class project that is targeted to meet an identified community need and leave a legacy for the class.
- Establishing “The Fun Run”
- Chartering of the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization which is now Mentor Me of North Georgia
- Facilitating the start-up of Hands On Forsyth, and the Forsyth Cares Concert with net proceeds donated to United
- Way agencies and other non-profits
- In conjunction with the Forsyth County YMCA the construction of The LF Pavilion
- Creating a universally accessible Tree House on Sawnee Mountain
- The beautification of the outdoor Garden & Activities area of the Forsyth County Senior Center
- The Kick It Up events for at risk students
- Keeping Kids Safe educational DVD program for the schools and libraries
- Renovation of the SAFFT visitation center and the Born Learning Trails for community parks
- Development of a learning trail at Caney Creek Park
- Memorial Walk for at the National Guard Armory
- Multi-use sports court at Bald Ridge Lodge
- Renovations and sports court at Jesses House
- Community Room for Creative Enterprises
Each year, after a rigorous application submission and interviewing process, the Leadership Forsyth Board of Directors selectively assembles a class of 35-40 emerging/seasoned leaders who are experts in their areas of endeavor. The application process for the Leadership Forsyth adult class is competitive and selective. The process involves a comprehensive application review and interview process conducted by members of the Leadership Forsyth Board and Alumni.
All applicants must complete the review and selection process. There are no automatic admissions. Interesting in learning more? Contact our Executive Director today!
Send inquiries to email@example.com